Let’s start with some facts…
- In 2016, 12.8% of the US population had a disability of some kind*.
- Of the US population with disabilities, over 51% were ages 18-64, while 41% were ages 65+*.
- More than 3% of Americans ages 40 or older are either legally blind or visually impaired.
- As the US population ages, the percentage of people with disabilities increases*.
Despite these disabilities, whether permanent or temporary, many of these people access the web every day, possibly searching for your business.
With A La Carte Web Services, we will transform your website into one that can be accessible by everyone, including visual, audio, and motor disabilities.
With our Web Accessibility service, your visitors will be able to do:
- Adjust Font Sizes – visitors can increase and decrease font size, change its family (type), adjust spacing, alignment, line height, and more.
- Adjust Colors – visitors can select various color contrast profiles such as light,
dark, inverted, and monochrome. Additionally, visitors can swap color schemes of titles, texts, and backgrounds, with over 7 different color options.
- Stop Animations, GIFs, CSS Transitions – visitors with epilepsy can stop all running animations at the click of a button. This includes videos, animated GIFs and CSS flashing transitions.
- Highlight Links, Titles, Hovered Elements, and More – visitors can emphasize important elements, such as links and titles. They can also highlight particular focused or hovered elements.
- Mute Audio – visitors with hearing devices may experience headaches or other issues due to automatic audio playing. This option allows visitors to mute the entire website instantly.
- Decipher Phrases, Initials, Slang, Etc. – we utilize a search engine that is linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, allowing people with cognitive disorders to decipher meanings of phrases, initials, slang, and more.
- Many More Features – visitors can change the cursor’s color, cursor size, view in
printing mode, enable a virtual keyboard, and so much more.